Lexington, KY, L-1 Visa Attorney
Experienced L-1 Visa Lawyers at Carman Fullerton
Are you feeling anxious and overwhelmed about obtaining an L-1 visa? Feeling anxious about the future is natural, especially regarding your career and personal life.
Carman Fullerton L-1 visa attorneys provide comprehensive, solution-oriented immigration representation to businesses and individuals. Our Lexington, KY L-1 visa attorneys can help you navigate the complex immigration visa process.
The L-1 visa allows companies to transfer skilled foreign employees to their U.S. subsidiary or parent company. To be eligible, you must be employed by the company’s subsidiary, parent, affiliate, or branch office for at least one year during the last three years.
To apply for an L-1 visa, your employer must petition USCIS. The petition should include the following:
- Information about the qualifying relationship between the U.S. and the foreign company
- Details about the job duties and qualifications of the employee
- Proof of the employee’s employment with the foreign company for at least one year.
Once approved, you can apply for the L-1 visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate in your country. The application will require additional documentation, such as:
- A valid passport
- Proof of funds
- Evidence of ties to the home country.
The L-1 visa is a highly specialized category, and the application process can be complex. Working with an experienced Lexington, KY L-1 visa lawyer is crucial to ensure your successful application.
Contact Carman Fullerton at 859-971-0060 to book a free phone, video, or in-person consultation.
How Carman Fullerton Can Help You Through Your L-1 Visa Process
Our L-1 visa attorneys understand every facet of U.S. immigration law. We help international businesses and employees satisfy the L-1 visa criteria and streamline the process.
The L-1 visa process is straightforward but requires a robust strategy, attention to detail, and effective communication to ensure success. Each element is incorporated into every L-1 visa application, making the process easier and less stressful for our clients.
Our L-1 visa attorneys will:
- Listen to your story and answer any questions about the L-1 visa
- Gather all necessary documents, records, and information to proceed with the application
- Ensure that the application meets all requirements and is correctly classified
- Prepare and file all USCIS forms and documentation
- Maintain clear and consistent communication with the employer and employee throughout the process and with USCIS while the application is pending
- Take proactive steps to overcome any potential obstacles
- Monitor the entire application process from beginning to end.
Working with our Lexington, KY L-1 visa attorney is an excellent choice for meeting your L-1 visa application requirements.
Carman Fullerton is here to help. Contact our L-1 visa attorneys at 859-971-0060 to schedule a free consultation.
How to Choose the Right Immigration Lawyer
Choosing the right immigration lawyer is crucial when filing an L-I visa. An experienced L-1 visa lawyer can help you understand your options, avoid pitfalls and ensure success. When choosing an immigration lawyer for your L-1 visa, look out for these things:
- Experience: Immigration law is a complex and constantly changing field. An experienced L-1 visa attorney understands this and can help through the immigration process. Our experienced L-1 visa attorney understands what it takes to work with individual and multinational companies.
- Reputation: Check reviews and testimonials from previous clients. You will understand the attorney’s level of professionalism, communication, and success rate.
- Communication: Choose a lawyer who communicates clearly. You want a lawyer that will keep you updated and answer your questions.
Contact Our Lexington, KY L-1 Visa Attorney for Immediate Assistance
The L-1 visa process can be intricate and time-consuming, with several possible challenges that could arise. That’s why enlisting the help of Carman Fullerton L-1 visa attorneys for your L1 visa application is essential.
Our Lexington, KY, L-1 visa attorneys have extensive experience helping individuals and companies navigate the immigration system. With our L-1 visa attorneys, your chance of success increases, allowing you to bring your valuable expertise to the U.S. Contact our Carman Fullerton L-1 visa attorneys at 859-971-0060 to schedule your free consultation.
Can a spouse work on your L-1 visa?
Yes. The spouse of an L-1 visa holder can work in the U.S. by obtaining an EAD. The Employment Authorization Document allows the spouse to work for any employer in the U.S. without restrictions.
Can L1 visa holders apply for a green card?
Yes. L-1 visa holders can apply for a green card, granting them permanent residency status. However, obtaining a green card can be intricate and time-consuming.
How long after securing a L-1 visa can I get a green card?
To file an EB1C/green card petition, the U.S. company must have been in operation for at least one full year and be capable of promoting the beneficiary to a managerial or executive position by establishing a robust organizational structure.
How long does L-1 visa processing take?
The first step is to obtain approval of the petition from USCIS. After getting approval, the next step is to apply for a visa at the embassy. The availability of appointments varies per embassy or consulate. L-1 visa processing takes anywhere from 6 to 12 months.
Does an L-1 visa have limitations?
The U.S. company acting as the sponsor is the only employer that individuals can work for. It is valid for three years and can be extended for two to five years for specialized employees and seven years for managing executives residing in the U.S.
Can I transfer my L-1 visa to another company?
If you remain employed by a branch or affiliated company of the same company, you can transfer without any issues. However, you must inform the USCIS or have your attorney handle the paperwork.
If you plan to work for a different company, you must apply for a separate visa.
What is ‘premium processing’ and how much extra will it cost?
USCIS provides a premium processing service, which expedites the processing of eligible petitions. For a fee of $1,225, applicants receive a guarantee of an initial response (which could be a request for evidence) within fifteen days.