EB-5 Visa Attorney
Our Investor Visa Attorney Works for You
The EB-5 visa program is meant to encourage foreign investment in the United States, to create new jobs or to maintain jobs in businesses facing hard times. In exchange for this investment, an immigrant and his or her immediate family may be able to become permanent, legal residents of the country. U.S. citizenship may be the next step for participants.
If you or your loved ones need help getting EB-5 visas or with any other immigration issue, the skilled and experienced Kentucky immigration lawyers at Carman Fullerton can help. Our immigration attorneys focus on serving the unique legal needs of immigrants and their families and have helped many immigrant families just like yours.
Our immigration attorneys speak Spanish and have assisted clients who speak other languages as well. We know that many of our clients feel more comfortable speaking in their native tongue. No matter which legal challenges you or your family face, Carman Fullerton can provide you with legal representation that can make the difference.
Take action now to help protect yourself and your family by talking with an immigration lawyer in Lexington who understands your situation. The sooner you take action, the better, before issues become even more complicated. We will walk with you every step of the way as we move through your EB-5 visa and legal immigration issues.
Your future is too important to risk. Call us today to see how we can help.
Why Choose Our Lexington Visa Lawyers
There are many attorneys in Kentucky, and it’s important for you to find one that you feel comfortable with and who has the experience that is necessary to handle visa and other immigration concerns. Here are some reasons why we think Carman Fullerton is your best choice:
- We are experienced and bilingual. Attorney Kirby J. Fullerton and Attorney Dan Carman both speak Spanish and have accommodated speakers of other languages as well. Our team of attorneys have many years of experience representing clients involved in immigration cases of all types. We have worked with clients who have entered the United States both legally and illegally. We have helped non-citizens from all walks of life, with or without status, to fight to remain in the U.S.
- We understand what you are going through and that you may feel vulnerable and confused, so we do everything possible to make you feel safe, listened to and understood.
- We are recognized in our field. Dan Carman is a member of various local and national Bar Associations has previously been named in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers and Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers.
- We know immigration and criminal law. Attorney Kirby Fullerton’s practice is focused on immigration law and he represents clients in cases before the immigration courts and the Board of Immigration Appeals. He has practiced criminal defense and understands how matters in criminal courts can affect a client’s immigration status.
- We are local. With an office in Lexington, KY, our attorneys are well-positioned to provide engaged, personalized legal service for nearby communities.
- We are available 24/7 for client emergencies.
The U.S. immigration system is complicated, and making mistakes could result in consequences as severe as facing deportation. Immigrants, especially those who may not speak English fluently and who may be unfamiliar with the U.S. legal system, should not try to represent themselves.
The compassionate immigration attorneys at Carman Fullerton know what you are going through and the importance of being able to get your visa and stay in the United States. We have many years of experience as Kentucky immigration lawyers and know the ins and outs of the legal system. You can benefit from our knowledge, bilingual skills and legal education.
We have helped other immigrants achieve the right to remain in the U.S. and keep their family together. We are fully prepared to do the same for you. Call us at any time, seven days a week.
WE ARE DEDICATED TO PROVIDING THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE LEVEL OF SERVICE
How Our Visa Attorney Works for You
Every person who works at Carman Fullerton — lawyers and support staff — shares our commitment to our clients. When you have our team on your side, we will:
- meet with you to discuss your EB-5 visa situation, and determine the best way to handle it, as well as any legal issues you are facing
- examine the investments you are prepared to make to ensure they are safe and worthwhile
- coach you to make sure you know how to answer questions and handle any interviews so you say the right thing to benefit your case
- help you fill out forms to make sure everything is done properly and that they are filed correctly and in a timely manner
- represent you at all court hearings and appearances
- advocate for you if your visa application is denied.
Our immigration attorneys at Carman Fullerton can provide you with representation that can make the difference. Put your trust in the attorneys who earn the trust of their clients every day.
Visa Lawyer Helps Get Green Cards Through the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program
The U.S. Congress created the EB-5 Program in 1990 to stimulate the U.S. economy. In 1992, Congress created the Immigrant Investor Program, also known as the Regional Center Program. This sets aside EB-5 visas for foreign participants who invest in commercial enterprises associated with regional centers approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service based on proposals for promoting economic growth.
Commercial enterprise means any for-profit activity formed for the ongoing conduct of lawful business, including, but not limited to:
- A sole proprietorship
- Partnership (whether limited or general)
- Holding company
- Joint venture
- Business trust
- Other entity, which may be publicly or privately owned.
This definition includes a commercial enterprise consisting of a holding company and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, provided that each such subsidiary is engaged in a for-profit activity formed for the ongoing conduct of a lawful business.
Foreigners willing and able to invest in U.S. businesses, their spouses, and unmarried children younger than 21 years old are eligible to apply for a green card (permanent residence) if they …
- Make the required investments in a commercial enterprise in the U.S., and
- Plan to create or preserve ten permanent, full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers.
To qualify for the EB-5 program, foreign investors need to put money (or an equivalent) into a new commercial enterprise started after November 28, 1990, or in one begun before that date so long as …
- The investment went to purchasing an existing business,
- Which was restructured or reorganized so it’s essentially a new commercial enterprise, or
- It grew because of the investment so that its net worth or number of employees increased at least 40%.
Why a Visa Attorney is Essential
Something as highly specialized as an EB-5 visa for investors requires an immigration attorney at your side. Unlike more run-of-the-mill legal procedures, the EB-5 visa for investors is complicated and is intended for a narrow segment of foreign investors who are seeking permanent residency in the U.S. It’s important not to select a generalized attorney. Rather, you need a highly experienced immigration attorney who frequently handles legal cases involving financial investments, visas, immigration laws and the path to U.S. citizenship.
If you are planning to purchase or start a commercial enterprise under the above guidelines and are interested in securing an EB-5 Visa for Investors, contact an attorney at Carman Fullerton in Lexington, KY. We can guide you through the legal process and file all court documents on your behalf.
Visa Lawyer Knows Investment Required for an EB-5 Visa
In order to obtain a EB-5 visa, the minimum investment is generally $1 million. However, if the enterprise is in a Targeted Employment Area (High Unemployment or Rural Area), the required investment is reduced to $500,000. The EB-5 applicant, if accepted into the program, is given conditional permanent residence. If the conditions aren’t met in two years (the enterprise needs to meet its employment goals), the green card application could be rejected.
An EB-5 investor needs to invest the required amount of capital in a new commercial enterprise that will create or maintain permanent, full-time jobs (at least 35 hours/week) for at least ten qualifying employees., as follows:
- If the new commercial enterprise isn’t located within a Regional Center Program (RCP), jobs must be created directly by the new commercial enterprise to count.
- If the new commercial enterprise is part of an RCP, the full-time jobs can be created directly or indirectly.
- Direct jobs are positions filled by employees of the new commercial enterprise.
- Indirect jobs are those held outside the new commercial enterprise created due to the activities of the new commercial enterprise.
- If the enterprise is a troubled business, the EB-5 investor may count jobs that were maintained by the investment which would have been eliminated otherwise. The number of these jobs must be maintained at the pre-investment level for at least two years.
Carman Fullerton Provides EB-5 Visa Legal Representation
The Immigrant Investor Program was created in 1990 to stimulate job creation and capital investment, and has made 10,000 EB-5 visas available annually to foreign investors. If you have sufficient assets to move forward with the process, our EB-5 visa attorneys can provide the representation you need to obtain the visa and keep it viable. We will start with submitting the petition that includes business plan and project development information, and take care of all details so that your investment is protected and you achieve the result of being allowed to stay and prosper in the United States.
Those interested in an EB-5 visa need to invest a substantial amount of money, time and energy, so it would be wise to have a seasoned immigration and visa attorney examine your individual situation and consider whether potential investments appear legitimate and worthwhile.
Contact an EB-5 visa attorney at Carman Fullerton in Lexington, Kentucky, to obtain legal representation to increase the chances of your success on the road to citizenship.