Lexington Vehicle Accident Injury Attorneys
Hopefully they won’t be serious and no one will get hurt, but that’s a real possibility. If you have been injured or a family member has been killed in an auto accident in Lexington, Kentucky, or the surrounding area, you need to learn about your legal rights and how to protect them.
After the accident, your life may have been turned upside down. You may not be able to work; your income may have disappeared or taken a sharp cut; you’re probably facing medical bills you never anticipated; and you may be in constant pain and facing lifetime physical limitations. We understand what you’re going through, and we’re here to help.
You are not alone in facing these issues.
- The Kentucky State Police reports that in 2015 there were 24,497 accidents statewide that resulted in injuries or deaths. There were 694 fatal accidents in the state that year.
- An estimated 35,092 people were killed in vehicle accidents across the country in 2015, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- On average, there are about 5,748,000 vehicle crashes nationwide each year, reports the federal Department of Transportation.
Behind these numbers are individuals and families who suffer because of the negligence of others. Carman Fullerton, PLLC represents those whose lives have been changed forever because of auto accidents. We have been helping car accident victims in the area by providing compassionate, wise legal counsel:
- Informing them of their legal rights
- Guiding them through medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Negotiating favorable settlements with insurance companies
- Zealously defending their legal rights and interests through the legal system
- Doing our part to help them get their lives back together so they can face the future in the best possible position.
We help people injured in a wide range of situations, including accidents involving numerous types of vehicles:
- Passenger vehicles and cars
- Tractor trailers and commercial trucks
- All-terrain vehicles (ATV’s)
- Recreational vehicles (RV’s)
- Buses and mass transit
- Passenger trains.
Our clients’ injuries normally fall into these categories:
- Soft tissue injuries affecting the tissues that support and hold together other parts of the body. This includes whiplash, harm to the victim’s muscles, tendons or ligaments.
- Damage to the body’s hard tissues, including broken bones, severe cuts and bruises and loss of limbs.
- Internal injuries, including abdominal injuries, internal bleeding, injuries to the brain and organs like the kidney, spleen or liver.
- Nerve damage that disrupts the relay of information between the brain and the body. This can result in numbness or pain, including the “pins and needles” sensation associated with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.
- Spinal cord injuries which can include back sprain, ruptured disk and pinching or severance of the spinal cord resulting in total or partial paralysis.
If you or a family member are the victim of a vehicle accident and have been seriously injured or if your loved one was killed, there are important steps you can take to help yourself:
- If you haven’t already done so, contact law enforcement. A police report is the foundation of an investigation into what happened.
- Get medical attention as soon as possible. The longer the delay, the more likely the insurance company will claim the injuries were not caused by the accident.
- Other than putting it on notice of your claim, don’t communicate or try to negotiate with an insurance company by yourself. Let them know the basic facts of the situation and tell them you’ll be contacting an attorney who will get back to them. If you try to get a settlement without knowing negligence and insurance law, all the facts of the situation or what your case would be worth if your case went to trial, you are setting yourself up for failure.
- Contact Carman Fullerton, PLLC as soon as you can. You need to make informed decisions about how to protect yourself, your family, your legal rights and interests. A prompt consultation with our office can also help us start to investigate the accident and obtain evidence and witness statements before evidence is lost and witnesses become difficult to contact or their memories fade.
If you or a family member are the victims of a vehicle accident in Fayette County or the surrounding area, you are not powerless. There are steps you can take to get the compensation, medical treatment and rehabilitation you deserve so you can get your life back on track. An important step is calling Carman Fullerton, PLLC at 859-971-0060 or filling out this contact form. Your future and the future of your family is at stake, so contact us today.